CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 3 January 2013

A way to start the New Year - Party! Party! Strictly Party!

Hi all,

Well in my last (and first post on this blog) I told you I would show you some more of my Strictly Party cards I have made since having one of my others published in the Docrafts Creativity Magazine.  I decided to make some female Birthday cards they are all 8" x 8".

This is my first one - I used the image from the Ultimate Decoupage pack and added some of the 'blitters' around the image from my stash.  To add a bit more interest to the paper design I added some purple gems around the swirls.  I die cut the letters using an x-cut die in my big shot.
 The image on this Daughter Birthday card has three layers of decoupage and the pink square panel that it is on is embossed using a 'Happy Birthday' embossing folder..... if you click on the picture you will be able to see it better.  Again I die cut the letters on my Big Shot.
 Here is my final card to show you today.  Again I have used the 'Happy Birthday' embossing folder on the two purple square panels, which if you click on the picture you will see a little better.  The letters have been die cut again on the Big Shot.

I just adore the papers in this collection - I took some cards along to a few of my craft fairs last year and they all sold out, people made some really nice comments and said 'how unusual' the style is.  

Another thing I LOVE bout this collection is being able to team it with black cardstock, I LOVE black cardstock and there aren't usually many ways that I can use it as it just doesn't 'go'.  Just to warn you now ... there may be a few more posts relating to this collection from me!! He he!

I have entered these cards into the following challenges:
Creative Moments Bloggers Network - Eboss It / Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, 

Happy crafting,

Gemma
x

18 comments:

  1. All lovely cards Gemma, the layouts are great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards and great colours and layouts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, love the cards. hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous papers, images and layouts. Stunning cards.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gemma love them, I have these and havnt used them yet so thanks hun I will fish them out. Very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Gemma. Love them all. Good luck with tje challenges. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards and I love the letters. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three lovely cards - great papers, images and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 lovely cards, great papers, images and colours,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Gemma, gorgeous papers images and layouts

    ReplyDelete
  11. All so Beautiful Gemma and what great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. All gorgeous. Love the colours
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gemma
    Three fabulous cards.... Gorgeous..... Thanks for joining us a FF monthly Challenge
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Gemma, really lovely! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Gemma, love them all, the girl at the bottom, looks just like my youngest daughter Jenny, almost called Gemma, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All three of these cards are beautiful! I love how you have used the black as a contrast/pop of colour!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments for Challenge #7 Emboss It/Anything Goes. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again Karen (P) CM DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards, I love the first one, so clean and simple. Thanks for joining us at FF this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. a set f really lovely cards...the colours really jumped out at me..I love them! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my post, I do enjoy reading them. I do moderate all of the comments I receive, your comment will appear shortly.